Individuals who invest in businesses looking for a higher return than they would see from more traditional investments. In return for their investment they often are highly involved in the business. Usually they are the bridge from the self-funded stage of the business to the point that the business needs the level of funding that a venture capitalist would offer. Funding estimates vary, but usually range from $150,000 to $1.5 million.
- Angel Capital : How to Raise Early-Stage Private Equity Financing
- Angel Investing: Matching Startup Funds with Startup Companies -- A Guide for Entrepreneurs, Individual Investors, and Venture Capitalists
- The Angel Investor's Handbook: How to Profit from Early-Stage Investing
- Attracting Capital From Angels : How Their Money - and Their Experience - Can Help You Build a Successful Company
- Winning Angels: The 7 Fundamentals of Early Stage Investing
Go to Full Glossary