A good logo is what helps your public remember your business. The right one can be one of your strongest marketing tools.
To choose a logo for your business:
- Give some thought to what you want your business to represent in terms of quality, creativity, and value.
- Check out your competition. What type of logos are they using? You don't want to be similar or your logo will not differentiate you from them.
- Colors and shapes need to be evaluated. Are there any that would provide negative or positive effects in your industry?
- Locate one (or more) good graphic artists.
- Providing them with the information about your business, its name, and any other relevant information, contract with them to design you a number of possible logos.
- Test market the logos with family, friends, and potential clients.
- Ask the graphic artist to revise the logo based on the input you have received.
- Test market and revise one more time.
- If desired, trademark the logo.
- Have your letterhead, business cards, signs and packaging printed!
- Always add the name of the business under the logo. That helps customers in associating it with your business.
- Logos do not necessarily need be a graphic icon. Graphically customizing your business name can also be quite effective.
- When using a graphic designer, be certain to acquire all legal rights for present and future use.